Friday, October 22, 2010

Happiness!





Happiness is when I finally see the team of the Malandela's kitchen working well and serving dinner on a busy Friday night for 100 people + in record time, without the screaming manager in the kitchen, each owning their responsibilities!! Many things have happened since my last entry 1 week ago-
-Progress has been made with the kitchen staff, the wait staff, and the management!
-we just got a new cappuccino machine! the real thing- quite a luxury here!
-it was my birthday some days ago and I was taken to a sunset picnic on the top of a Lion King like mountain by surprise.....with the Thorne family, cats, dogs, new friends, nice wine......ahhh, and the most delicious chocolate chili cake! (see the images above- sitting on the back of a pick up truck, Philippa with Chloe, Neo and me!)
-Security bars were installed in my flat today (after I almost had a heart attack one night, I was fast asleep, when I start feeling this animal walking around my bed- in my sleep I am freaking out, thinking that I am in Africa, and that it is some sort of feline creature........then I wake up to my scream, more like a screech- and then I realize it's a cat that got in to my room......)
-I trained the House on Fire staff to make homemade pizzas today for their functions (they used to order them)- check out the House on Fire website www.houseonfire.com
and people were loving them and wanting to order to take home!!! (cool!! see the picture above with the women I trained! and the pizzas!)
-had my first Swazi crisis- the lack of speed in general, slow email, responses from people-
-Overall, I feel so blessed and happy to be here- challenging work in the most delicious ways- working with people through food!
-I am taking off to Mozambique on Sunday for 1 week!!! beach, fresh seafood, shark whales...
Love!!

1 comment: