Sunday, October 10, 2010

Today

I am leaving today. I have pre historic butterflies fluttering in my stomach, non stop- and I like it. I feel like I am going home even though I have never been there- it just feels so right in my gut, in my body, in my cells-
I have vivid pictures in my mind of what I will encounter, pastel greens and khaki, lot's of khaki...forest greens, silver grays, pale blues....and black- open open vast landscapes, with morning fog.
Sugar cane, squashes, avocados, potatoes, stews, goat, lamb- colorful fabrics, basketry, white teeth smiling at me- children running around, drums, leather, creation, passion everywhere-

I typically prefer not to research the places that I am going to, as I like to get there and absorb it myself with my 7 senses present- Avoid intellectualizing- it works for me- Everything is a surprise- and I count on me. What else can I ask for?

I wonder what they eat in their everyday lives, what spices do they use? What kind of pots and pans do they use? What is real for them? Do the men cook, or just the women?

For me, real is the noise in New York City, the cement, busy streets, goodbye dinners, muggy subway stations, cooking in the Hamptons, catering, chinatown smells, sirens, more brick and cement, confinement, little boxes, walking fast- is this life?
It has been for me for 5 years, and I've loved it-
Starting tomorrow, we will see-

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have an amazing time....I'm excited to be able to share in your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. real is who u are lady!!!!!!! its a dream come true! and so happy to share it with u!! Good vibes...
    te quedo un lujo este blog!

    ReplyDelete