Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Malandela's- Spectacular farm and people!






Malandela's is the farm where I will be living for the next 3 months- it is located in the Malkerns Valley, a lush, beautiful, and fertile land where sugarcane and pineapples grow! isn't that sweet?
Malandela's started as a sugarcane farm back in the 60's, and now has venues such as it's Farmhouse Restaurant & Country Pub (where I am actually working at right now- enjoying the cozy indoor restaurant area, delicious food, indirect lighting, great music, and toasty fireplace), it's B&B which is beautifully decorated and exquisitely intimate, an Internet Cafe and Tourist Information Office, Gone Rural, socially conscious company which produces one of a kind table and handmade products such as baskets, bowls, place mats.....All Out Africa works for wildlife and people, House on Fire is the most creative and inspiring performance venue that I have seen- and ideal place to have weddings, parties, banquets, concerts, etc...and so on- I am in love with this place and with the family that I am working with!! visit their website: www.malandelas.com to see more and to get excited to come here!!
My job is to do a menu makeover to be brief, both to the Malandela's restaurant and House on Fire- I will give more details about my specific objectives here at Malandela's in following posts- so stay tuned! for now I want to share some images of my first impressions here, the farm, my lovely flat, my view from the living room window- ahh, I forgot to mention that I arrived to almost 36 degree C weather yesterday and today its down to about 10C- moody weather, misty, cool-

1 comment: